Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- Introduction: My Story
- Chapter 1 - The Surprising Power of Atomic Habits
- Chapter 2 - How Your Habits Shape Your Identity (and Vice Versa)
- Chapter 3 - How to Build Better Habits in 4 Simple Steps
- Chapter 4 - The Man Who Didn't Look Right
- Chapter 5 - The Best Way to Start a New Habit
- Chapter 6 - Motivation is Overrated; Environment Often Matters More
- Chapter 7 - The Secret to Self-Control
- Chapter 8 - How to Make a Habit Irresistible
- Chapter 9 - The Role of Family and Friends in Shaping Your Habits
- Chapter 10 - How to Find and Fix the Causes of Your Bad Habits
- Chapter 11 - Walk Slowly, but Never Backward
- Chapter 12 - The Law of Least Effort
- Chapter 13 - How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the Two-Minute Rule
- Chapter 14 - How to Make Good Habits Inevitable and Bad Habits Impossible
- Chapter 15 - The Cardinal Rule of Behavior Change
- Chapter 16 - How to Stick with Good Habits Every Day
- Chapter 17 - How an Accountability Partner Can Change Everything
- Chapter 18 - The Truth About Talent (When Genes Matter and When They Don't)
- Chapter 19 - The Goldilocks Rule: How to Stay Motivated in Life and Work
- Chapter 20 - The Downside of Creating Good Habits
- Conclusion: The Secret to Results That Last
No matter your goals, Atomic Habits offers a proven framework for improving--every day. James Clear, one of the world's leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.
If you're having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.
Clear is known for his ability to distill complex topics into simple behaviors that can be easily applied to daily life and work. Here, he draws on the most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible. Along the way, readers will be inspired and entertained with true stories from Olympic gold medalists, award-winning artists, business leaders, life-saving physicians, and star comedians who have used the science of small habits to master their craft and vault to the top of their field.
Learn how to:
- make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy)
- overcome a lack of motivation and willpower
- design your environment to make success easier
- get back on track when you fall off course
and much more.
Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits--whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.